Monday, 25 August 2014

Summer Makeup

So I thought it would be fun (mostly for me) to share a little bit about my makeup routine and the products that I use during the Summer months. I like to keep things super light and simple. For foundation, I'll typically use a BB or CC cream mixed with foundation. I find this gives me the perfect amount of coverage without being too heavy. My favorite products for this method particularly are it Cosmetics CC+ cream...this stuff is amazing! It mixes flawlessly with Rimmel's Stay Matte foundation. I use a brush from Real Techniques (the one with the yellow handle) and together, this trio makes for a smooth and quick application.  

Unfortunately, the CC cream is next to impossible to find in Canada, I picked mine up in the States. 


These are the three brushes I use (never mind how filthy they are). First one is from MAC, it's the 116 and it's works perfectly to apply blush and I also use it for contouring. The pink RT brush I use for setting powder, I stipple on my face on top of my foundation. It's important to pat or stipple it on instead of rubbing it on, this allows everything, like foundation and concealer to stay in place. And the yellow RT brush is, as I mentioned for the actual foundation. The concealer I've been loving is a surprising part of my routine, the brand is called Flower, and it's a line that Drew Barrymore did with Wal Mart. I picked it up on a whim, not expecting much from it's $7 price tag, but was happy to discover that it's really great stuff. Works well on blemishes as well as under the eye (not usually the case with most concealers). But, again this is not available in Canada. So lame

For my EYES: the theme is simple, simple, simple. Most days, all I do is sweep a little bit of gold eye shadow from my Chocolate Bar palette over my lids using a fluffy blending brush (or sometimes I'll just use my fingers) and then I curl my lashes and give them a few coats of mascara. If I want to take the look a little further, I'll line my upper lash line with this Milani eye tech liner (it's uhhhmazing) OR, I'll take it a step further and do a quick wing with the Nars liner, also an incredible product.  

If I know I have a long day ahead of me, or if I want my shadow to really stay put, I'll use this MAC paint pot as a base, but this isn't something I find I need to use on a daily bases. 

Ok, for LIPS, these guys are my go-to product. They are nourishing, they have a subtle yet noticeable amount of color, and are super easy to apply. I use them constantly throughout the day. Almost as if they were a lip balm.   

And then to finish it off....I've got my Lorac Tantilizer bronzing and highlighting duo. I use the bronzer to contour my cheekbones, and then I'll brush the highlighter over my nose, forehead, cheeks and chin. It's nice and subtle, so it gives a slight dewy glow. The blush is Physician's Formula, it's also very light pink so it give a natural sun kissed look to the cheeks. I highly recommend this product. 
Anyway, there's my little make-up and beauty rant. I will be doing another post soon about all of my favorite hair products for the summer.. Thanks for reading, if anyone did. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself with these posts lol. Oh well...it's still fun. xx


1 comment: