Monday, 23 February 2015

Toning Brassy Hair - How To


Today in this post I wanted to show how I tone my brassy blonde hair. It had gotten pretty brassy recently and I wanted it to be more of a cool tone instead of the gold brassy look.
I used a Wella toner that I picked up at Sally Beauty Supply, in the colour T-11. And with this toner you mix it at a 1:2 ratio. So basically you pour the toner into a bowl and then mix twice that amount of cream developer. I used ion 20 volume, it's the sensitive scalp, it smells really good! I couldn't find it online, but they definitely have it in the store. After I emptied the toner container I filled it up with the developer twice, just to ensure that I was putting in the correct amount. Then of course you just mix them together and apply it to your hair - starting with the roots. 


Make sure you put a towel over your shirt (I used a garbage bag lol) just to make sure you don't stain your clothes. I had my sister put it on for me to make it easier and to get nice even coverage. Wait 30 minutes and rinse it out. I followed it with purple shampoo just for extra toning. But you don't have to do that step. 
That is the before

And the after.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, the only thing I didn't like was how much it lightened my roots. I was hoping to keep the ombré/extended roots look a little more intense but I like the more subtle look as well. 

Anyway, thanks for reading and maybe if you're planning to tone your hair you will find this helpful.(:

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment